Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2014

DREAMS



We all have dreams, sometimes we remember and sometimes we don't. I don't want to get the wrong impression that I am a dream maniac but lately I have been remembering them almost everyday. My recent dreams have been very real and I thought I should share one of them. On an island, it was beautiful, a place where I have never seen before in my life. The sun shine, warm weather, blue sky, white sand and many birds chirping. As I was wondering around I felt like this was my home and life was perfect, I even had no problem contacting the people in my life through the phone. So once I woke up I was back to reality and the whole day I kept thinking about that dream. I was telling myself throughout the day that it was my private island and someday it will become true. But then I researched about island dreams and noticed that there are so many meanings to them, good thing mine was a positive one. Well here are some fun facts about dreams and the meanings to them.  Hope this was interesting and maybe even somewhat helpful.
HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT TO THE WORLD.

Island
Something that has come from the depths of your unconscious, but is now established in everyday life. A part of yourself cut off by emotions or isolation or lack of communication. Feelings of isolation or loneliness, or your attempt to cut yourself off from others due to your feelings about them.

The island can also suggest the way you feel safe from the world, or feelings about being trapped.

The loneliness could be as one might feel when retired from work, isolated from a situation you once knew. Being on an island could signify being independent. The island might also signify a small sphere of operation or influence in your life, or feeling trapped; or conversely, feeling safe from the world through introversion or independence.

One can I form an island of charm through belief which stands against commons beliefs like fortress on an island.

The collective unconscious is seen by some thinkers, like Jung and Sheldrake, who see individual human consciousness like an island in a huge ocean in which there are countless other islands. Above the surface of the water, which is like individual waking self-awareness; in this there is a sense of separate existence, with definite boundaries where the shore meets the sea. Beneath the surface however, one island is connected to all other islands. The land stretches away under the waves and rises here and there into other islands. So, it is thought, personal awareness, beneath our everyday consciousness, shades off into a connection with a collective unconscious we all share. Through this connection we may be able to arrive at insights into other people otherwise denied to us.

Swimming or getting to an island: Move to independence.

Desert island: Attempt to ‘get away from it all’ – or feelings of not connecting with others.

Island in stormy sea: Personality traits such as independence and self assurance that give strength amidst difficult emotions and turbulence.

Large island with other people: Isolating oneself by involvement with a particular belief, group of people or problem.

 Example: A woman in red tells me about an island which is at our left side in the sea, not too far from the beach. It is an artificial island she says, which was created by using sand from the bottom of the sea. I look at the white sand in the clear water and I am surprised about the way the island was made. It is a very small island and it looks beautiful with a lot of trees and plants. I see many boats in front of the island. Then I see what looks like a bridge from the beach toward the island, but the bridge is just beneath the surface of the sea.

The island is a place of beauty that has been brought up from the depths of yourself and is now apparent to you, but you do not know yet how to live on it – make it a permanent situation. But there is a hint in the bridge that is invisible being underwater. Yet if you dare to actually walk to it you will find you can do it. Instead you try the sailing boat – probably because you have experience of it. But you can posses the island! Use – Secrets of Power Dreaming

Useful Questions and Hints:

Am I on the island or far from it?

Is it my island – in fact everything in dreams is your own, though many people feel that they are not worthy or do not ‘own’ it?

What is my relationship with to or with the island?


No comments:

Post a Comment